Tuesday

Even The Treadmill Knows

I knew that the "man that was a good run" feeling wouldn't last for long.
Last night I laced up, feeling like maybe it was going to be a good night. I got to the gym waited for just the right treadmill (tips on how to pick a treadmill soon...it's an art really) and started my warm up walk/jog. The treadmill picked up and a good 5 minutes into my run I was hurting, bad, like side stitch that makes breathing difficult kind of bad. This made me mad so I made the treadmill go faster, obvious response right? I figure I can run through it and be better for it later...wrong. The treadmill must have known I was over-doing it and 12 minutes into my run it stopped, not a "Hey, I'm slowing down you should start walking because I'm going to stop" kind of way but a "I'm done. I quit. You suck at this and I refuse to help you in this useless endeavor" complete halt kind of way. Result: I ran directly into the neat little bar that can tell you your heart rate - which in turn shocked me. Audible laughter from the folks behind me. Error message on the treadmill screen. FML.
Seething, I spotted another treadmill and tried to pick up where I left off. I set my top speed super high so it wouldn't make me walk for two or three minutes before I started running, this turned out to be a major fail. During my run I could not change my max speed only the current speed so every minute and twenty seconds or so I was sprinting to a 8.5 speed trying to slow that sucker down to something manageable. When it was finally over I left the gym defeated.
Today I will be doing an arms workout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment