Friday

Bump in the road

So, I haven't updated all 3 of you guys in like a month or so. Jeez, so many (by my account) running adventures!
I had a bump in the road other than not blogging about my running. I had a masso allergy attack that started the week before Easter.
Breathing was not easy making running basically impossible. When I say "basically" I mean I could have tried to run but lets be real I had a legit excuse not to so I didn't.
So my first run back was this week. I ran outside instead of on the treadmill because here in Dallas we have like 8.6 days of sweet awesome weather, you know that temp between freezing and hell on earth, to be outside and I need to take advantage of those sweet awesome days.
I did however at the end my masso allergy attack get back into the yoga DVD in the P90x series. If you remember I told you in my first post that I did about a P39X, now I like to do the arms video once a week and the core video when I feel like doing something besides running and then I'll do that abs video randomly. But anyways, I did "YogaX" (yes, the name is intended to be intimidating) and learned very quickly that I wasn't made for this either. Multiple times I laughed out loud at how awkward I must look. My favorite by far is the crane.
People this is not peaceful! It's incredibly difficult and is listed as an "intermediate" yoga position. Really? Intermediate? Go ahead and consider me a beginner. It's ok if you want to laugh when you look at this and image me falling flat on my face. I also laugh when I fall flat on my face.
All that said, I did enjoy my yoga time. It makes me feel tall for some reason. I get done and I swear I've grown at least half an inch. Next day I have shrunk and walk like a granny because I am so sore, but the half inch feels good for a couple of hours.
And as always, always athletic hubs has continued to be athletic. Another athlete in our home group asked Mat if he wanted to be a part of his team for the Fort Worth Mud Run. It's essentially a longer version of the Warrior Dash but you have to do it in boots and pants. Yup, boots AND pants. So no, I did not participate in the Mud Run - I know you are shocked.
So Mat's team of 5 had to stay within 15 seconds of each other and cross the finish line together. My good friend @Zaaaaack was awesome and came to take pictures of the event, and help me mock always athletic hubs (my favorite part of the day actually). We were able to see them in about 5 or 6 of the 18 obstacles. So here is some photo documentation for your viewing pleasure - feel free to add your own mocking comments.
One of my favorites! Thats always athletic hubs up to his arm pits in mud and getting splashed in the face with muddy water. Nas-ty, and awesome.
Crawling on his hands and knees in the mud. Bleh.
This is the first time I saw always athletic hubs since the start of the race when he was clean. Also the time I bent over laughing with all I had and saying "you look ridiculous!"
Since we are married, you know "two become one", I feel like I have also completed the Mud Run. Thank you for your congratulations on my accomplishment. Good thing always athletic hubs made up for the recent athletic failure of his other half.

1 comments:

Kim said...

He looks so happy! Eating mud would not result in happiness for me. But lets do it next year anyways!

Post a Comment