Sunday

The Right Stuff

Once I got my head on straight and realized exactly what I was getting myself into I added stipulations to this running thing....gear. I like gear; new, comfortable, cool yet understated gear. "I am gonna need a few things" probably wasn't a surprising statement for hubs to hear. Not that I need it, or that it's necessary, but I am about 87% more likely to start and stay committed to something if I am pumped to use new stuff (thats a scientific fact of course). First things first, new shoes. Now, I really did need new shoes, the guy at Lukes Locker let me know that my shoes were antiques so I upgraded my Brookes.
But I didn't stop there:
  • Nike running tights (calf length) - black
  • Nike long sleeve dry fit shirt - black
  • Brooks warm running pullover - black
  • Nike Sport band watch (my favorite purchase) - black and white
  • Skinny headbands to hold back my baby hairs - black
Yup, it's all black. It's also all important, how do I know that? Hubs comment on my gear "You look legit". Obviously, looking legit is as close to a legitimate runner as I will ever come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment